Split View Ice Berg, Pleneau Island, Antarctica

Pleneau_Island 

Pleneau Island is an island, 0.8 nautical miles (1.5 km) long, lying just northeast of Hovgaard Island in the Wilhelm Archipelago.

Charted as a peninsula of Hovgaard Island by the French Antarctic Expedition, 1903–05, under Charcot, who named its northeast point for Paul Pleneau, photographer of the expedition. The feature was first shown to be an island on an Argentine government chart of 1957. Sources
 


Advertisement

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo